Parking – please park according to the venue map above, and leave the hard standing as you find it – please bring a shovel or gloves & old feed sack/trug to take home your horse’s manure.
Helpers – due to a lack of volunteers we are running this event with the bare minimum of help – Ruth & Rachel will be judging all day, Claire will be doing all the adding up and Evie will be doing everything else – prizegiving, answering questions and running the fundraising. If you have some time spare between classes, please offer to steward the warm-up arena or get some refreshments for the judges. Your assistance in swapping flags around between the starter & novice at 10.55, or TYOL & intermediate at 14.45, or clearing the arena at the end of the day would be greatly appreciated too!
Cafe – the owners have kindly agreed to open the cafe for this event so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you are walking between the car park and the arena. Presentation of rosettes & scoresheets will take place in here approximately 15 minutes after the end of each class and there’ll be a few fun activities to win prizes & raise a bit more money for MIND while you wait.
Queries – please direct all queries to Evie, not to Ruth & Rachel the marvellous judges or Claire the wonderful, but unhorsey, adder-upper. If you have problems on the day or need to withdraw please call 07939 471564.
- We are not using number bibs so please tell the judges your name on entry.
- Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas.
- When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
- When entering/exiting the warm up please pass left to left on the lane.
- No more than 5 horses in the warm up arena at once.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed at the entrance to the arena.
- All profits from this event will go to Mind, the mental health charity.
- Hilton Herbs have kindly sponsored one of the prizes, and there are lots of tasty herballs on offer!
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available to download for free here
- Competitors in the affiliated classes cannot be given any assistance by the judges on the course, but all classes are based on a simple figure of 8 shape.
- If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
- Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
- For all affiliated classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena (novice) or proceed to the walk (int/open). If you have started an obstacle when the time is up you will be allowed to finish it.