We have a full day of competition planned, and I hope you’re all looking forward to it! Please read all the information on this page carefully.
Directions on this link
Please park considerately and leave the lorry park as you find it – please bring a shovel or gloves & old feed sack/trug to take home your horse’s manure and dropped hay.
Start times – please be ready to go slightly ahead of your time in case there are any withdrawals on the day.
Rosettes and prizes – Evie will work hard to get results out quickly. Prizes, rosettes and scoresheets will be available for you to collect from the heated viewing gallery.
Helpers – we have got some wonderful judges staying all day in the cold to help, please smile and say thanks!
Food – there is a burger van on site so please bring cash, and you can sit in the cafe area or viewing gallery out of the weather.
Spectators – are very welcome, there is a new heated viewing gallery for you to enjoy!
- We are not using number bibs so please confirm your name on entry. The judges will have their pre-printed score sheets arranged in starting order so please don’t swap unless it’s unavoidable!
- No more than 5 horses in the warm up arena at once please. Pass left to left and if you are walking please come off the track. There will be 4 poles set out in the warm up area for you – see Evie’s homework page for how you can use them.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Course maps and obstacle lists including accumulator instructions and scoring guidance for the double u alley will be displayed at the entrance to the arena but are also available here. Obstacles are ridden unless specified as led (other than for the in hand class) & arrows will be added for clarity on the displayed ones.
- The livery stable areas are for liveries only
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available here
- Golden rules for the obstacles are: keep red flag on your right and white on your left, try to avoid refusals, don’t change pace, don’t stop in the middle, don’t touch any part of the obstacle. If it’s a compulsory walk obstacle then make sure you correct any jogging. Choose your pace before the flags and stick to it.
- Competitors in the unaffiliated classes starter, in hand and accumulator may ask for assistance from the judges if required.
- The only assistance allowed in affiliated classes is help getting back on your horse (a mounting block will be provided).
- Everything is optional but if you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling or crossing your tracks at any point on the course counts as an effectiveness fault at the next obstacle.
- For all classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor, and you will have five minutes.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena. If you have started an obstacle when the time is up you will be allowed to finish it.
If you need to withdraw on the day please ring Evie on 07939 471564 or Ruth on 07929 322163.