COMPETITOR INFORMATION – THORNTON HOUSE, (Allerthorpe Woods) Barmby Moor YO42 4DD 25th March 2018
White Horse TREC kindly thank Lesley & Family for allowing us to use their facilities.
You can walk the course if you arrive prior to your class but remember there is a viewing gallery upstairs.
Directions: You approach Thornton House Equestrian from the A1079 in either direction. Follow the signs once you turn off A1079 & NOT your Sat Nav (this will take you to the front of the owners property and there is no access). You can ride out in the local wood behind the Livery Yard but remember it is very wet at the present time.
The day is going to be very busy as we have a good entry. Please ensure you are ready on time and ready to go in earlier if called. We have tried to keep the times within the ‘day-light’ so there is no lunch break as such although there will be changes in judges to allow them a break. Thank you.
We will all be over-seeing the actual competition in the Arena with Kathryn also undertaking a number of jobs and Paula will ensure you are where you should be!!
Parking – please park according to the venue signs, and leave the hard standing as you find it i.e. clear up after your horse. If you have a large vehicle you might prefer to park where you turn into the premises before the gate.
HELPERS REQUIRED. If you can spare some time, please ask Peter, Kathryn or Paula PLEASE REMEMBER WE CANNOT RUN ANY COMPETITION WITHOUT OTHERS ASSISTING. Kathryn will be collecting sheets and working out the scores-also doing the prize giving, answering questions etc. If you have some time spare between classes, please offer to steward the warm-up arena or get some refreshments for the judges. See Paula if you have.
We have some experienced judges to help us, but never enough and appreciate everyone for giving up there time.
Café/Hot Food –the hot food area for this event will be open so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you walk up the stairs to the viewing area. Presentation of rosettes & score sheets will take place in here approximately 15 minutes after the end of each class
TREC GB MEMBERSHP NUMBERS ARE REQUIRED FOR AFFILIATED CLASSES – IF YOU HAVE PAID MEMBERSHIP PLEASE CAN YOU WRITE DOWN THIS NUMBER ON THE SHEET PROVIDED ADJACENT TO WHERE YOU COLLECT YOUR BIBS.
Queries – please direct all queries to Kathryn, not to our judges. If you have to withdraw please phone Paula on 07951019965.
OBSTACLES: Please note that Obstacle No 8 is an obstacle with a purpose because we would like to support The Dexter Family in collecting for Yorkshire Air Ambulance-a Charity which is very much close to their hearts at the moment. We cannot do this without your help – so by helping us, we also help The Dexter Family and a very worthwhile Charity -YORKSHIRE AIR AMBULANCE – don’t forget to bring your change. THANK YOU.
The obstacle list is here– save it to your phone for last minute revision!
You will find copies for each class adjacent to where you collect your bibs. You can read up about the obstacles on the TREC GB Website.
- We are using number bibs so please ensure you DON’T go home with them. Remember to pick them up on a table provided before going to viewing gallery.
- Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas. Steps to the viewing gallery are marked.
- When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed at the entrance to the arena.
- We have the use of the outdoor arena to warm up – please ride sensibly.
- Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available to download for free here
- Competitors in the affiliated classes cannot be given any assistance by the judges on the course.
- If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
- Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
- For all affiliated classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena.