This competition will be held at Thornton House (Allerthorpe Woods) Barmby Moor YO42 4DD on Saturday 23th March 2019
White Horse TREC kindly thank Lesley & Family for allowing us to use their facilities.
You can walk the course if you arrive prior to your class but there is a viewing gallery upstairs so you can pop up there and watch some others to work out your course.
Directions – you approach Thornton House Equestrian from the A1079 in either direction. Follow the signs once you turn off A1079 & NOT your Sat Nav (this will take you to the front of the owners property and there is no access). You can ride out in the local wood behind the yard, but it is very wet at the present time.
The day is going to be very busy as we have lots of entries, so please ensure you are ready on time and ready to go in earlier if called. We have tried to keep the times so you only have a short break between classes if you are doing more than one.
Parking – please park according to the venue signs, and leave the hard standing as you find it i.e. clear up after your horse. If you have a large vehicle you might prefer to park where you turn into the premises before the gate.
Café/Hot Food –the hot food area for this event will be open so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you walk up the stairs to the viewing area. Presentation of rosettes & score sheets will take place in here approx 15 minutes after the end of each class
TREC GB MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS – these are required if you want your score to count for the winter league. You must be a TREC GB member on the day of the competition for it to count. Please write this on the sheet provided.
Equine Flu – TREC GB requires that all events involving equines should insist that vaccinations are up to date (12 month cycle) and check passports before horses are unloaded. Horses that have had their annual vaccination or a booster, within the last six days should not be allowed to compete. We also ask that riders don’t attend if their horse, or other horses stabled at the same location, are showing any flu symptoms. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PASSPORT – IF YOU DO NOT ARRIVE WITH IT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE. THESE WILL BE CHECKED BY A MEMBER OF WHTG.
Queries – please direct all queries to Kathryn, not to our judges. If you have to withdraw please phone Paula on 07951019965.
Times are here
* We are NOT using number bibs so please ensure you give your name to the judge when entering the arena..
* Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas. Steps to the viewing gallery are marked.
* When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
* Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
* Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed at the entrance to the arena.
* We have the use of the outdoor arena to warm up – please ride sensibly.
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
* The TREC GB rulebook is available to download for free here
* Competitors in the affiliated classes cannot be given any assistance by the judges on the course.
* If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
* Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
* Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
* For all affiliated classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor.
* If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
* If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena.