WHTG kindly thank Lesley & Family for allowing the use of their facilities.
You can walk the course if you arrive prior to your class but remember there is a viewing gallery upstairs. Obstacle lists for each class will be published on Friday at 5pm.
Directions to THORNTON HOUSE, (Allerthorpe Woods) Barmby Moor YO42 4DD: You approach Thornton House Equestrian from the A1079 in either direction. At the JET petrol station you come to a cross roads, turn right or left (depending on direction of travel) towards Sutton on Derwent. Travel for about a mile until you see the WHTG yellow roadsign. Follow the signs once you turn off A1079 & NOT your Sat Nav (this will take you to the front of the owners property and there is no access). You can ride out in the local wood behind the Livery Yard but remember it can be wet at certain times.
The day is planned according to the times. Please ensure you are ready on time and ready to go in earlier if called – which could be a possibility. We have tried to keep your rides as close together as possible so that you are not waiting too long.
Parking – please park according to the venue signs, and leave the hard standing as you find it i.e. clear up after your horse. If you have a large vehicle you might prefer to park where you turn into the premises before the gate.
Thank you to our Helpers –PLEASE REMEMBER WE CANNOT RUN ANY COMPETITION WITHOUT OTHERS ASSISTING. Kathryn will be scoring in the morning, collecting sheets and working out the scores-also doing the prize giving, answering questions etc.
Café/Hot Food –the hot food area for this event will be open so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you walk up the stairs to the viewing area. Presentation of rosettes & score sheets will take place in here approximately 15 minutes after the end of each class
Queries – please direct all queries to Kathryn, not to our judges. If you have to withdraw please phone Paula on 07951019965.
The obstacle sheet layout will be on the table where you will collect your bibs. You can read up about the obstacles on the TREC GB Website.
- We are using number bibs so please ensure you DON’T go home with them. Remember to pick them up on a table provided before going to viewing gallery.
- Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas. Steps to the viewing gallery are marked.
- When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed at the entrance to the arena.
- We have the use of the outdoor arena to warm up – please ride sensibly.
- Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available to download for free here
- Competitors in the affiliated classes cannot be given any assistance by the judges on the course.
- If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
- Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
- For all affiliated classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena.