Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available here
- Golden rules for the obstacles are: look for the number cones to do them in the right order, keep red flag on your right and white on your left, try to avoid refusals, don’t change pace, don’t stop in the middle, don’t touch any part of the obstacle. If it’s a compulsory walk obstacle then make sure you correct any jogging. Choose your pace before the start flags and stick to it until your horse’s back feet are out of the finish flags.
- Competitors in the unaffiliated classes in hand & starter may ask for assistance from the judges if required eg which obstacle is next.
- If your horse wears a martingale you must lead using headcollar & rope, not the reins.
- The only assistance allowed in affiliated classes is help getting back on your horse (a mounting block will be provided).
- Everything is optional but if you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling or crossing your tracks at any point on the course counts as an effectiveness fault at the next obstacle.
- Doing an obstacle from the wrong direction or in the wrong order will be an error of course so elimination (though we will let you finish your round) – look for the flags and numbers & if you get lost come back to walk/halt and look around for the next number.
- The start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor so you need to go straight to obstacle 1, and classes 1/2 will have 5 minutes. Affiliated classes have 4.5 minutes. Take your own line novice is 4 mins, TYOL open is 3 mins.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judge will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena. If you have started an obstacle when the time is up you will be allowed to finish it.
If you need to withdraw on the day please text/ring.