I hope you’re all looking forward to Sunday! Please read all the information on this page carefully.
Directions – the address for the venue is Hazlehead Hall Equestrian, Lee Croft, Sheffield, S36 9NN. This link will get you accurate directions – sat nav may take you past the entrance. The gates will be open all day.
Parking – please park as close as you can reasonably & safely manage, there’s plenty of hardstanding. Please bring a poop scoop/gloves and clear up after your horse both in the horsebox park and in the warmup arena. Horses must not be left unattended tied outside horseboxes.
Times (click here)– please check on this site for any amendments on Saturday night, and be prepared to go slightly ahead of your time in case there are any withdrawals on the day. To help us run to time, please start your control of paces as soon as the judges are ready – there’s no time for everyone to stroll round the arena first!
TREC GB membership year started on 1/10, if you want to be eligible for the national winter leagues please ensure you have joined or renewed as a red or blue member by the competition date & provide us with your current member number.
Covid – please sanitise your hands on entry to the indoor areas, and avoid gathering in the indoor areas.
Helpers – we have got some wonderful judges giving up their Sunday to help, if you smile and say thanks it won’t help your marks but it will lift their spirits!
Food – we don’t have a caterer, so bring a drink and some sandwiches if you’re here a while!
Toilets & viewing area are inside the spectator entrance. If you don’t have time to walk the course then viewing the course from here is a good way to work out where you’re going to go.
Spectators – please don’t enter the arenas unless you’re helping out a competitor in class 1/2/3. Please keep all children under close supervision and for safety please do not take pushchairs/prams near any horse areas.
- We are not using number bibs so please confirm your name on entry if Evie hasn’t met you before.
Evie will have pre-printed score sheets arranged in starting order so please don’t swap unless it’s unavoidable!
- No more than 4 horses in the warm up arena at once please. Pass left to left and if you are walking please come off the track.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Course maps and obstacle lists including scoring guidance for non standard obstacles & screenshots of the rulebook pages for the standard obstacles will be posted on this site on Saturday night at 5pm so you have time to learn your courses. Save screenshots to your phone! Obstacles are ridden unless specified as led (other than for the in hand class).
- For biosecurity reasons please do not go near the resident horses, and make sure any family/friends you bring stay away from them too. Don’t handle anyone else’s horse or let yours touch noses with another.
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available here
- Golden rules for the obstacles are: look for the numbers on the flags to do them in the right order, keep red flag on your right and white on your left, try to avoid refusals, don’t change pace, don’t stop in the middle, don’t touch any part of the obstacle. If it’s a compulsory walk obstacle then make sure you correct any jogging. Choose your pace before the start flags and stick to it until your horse’s back feet are out of the finish flags.
- Competitors in the unaffiliated classes in hand & starter may ask for assistance from the judges if required eg which obstacle is next.
- If your horse wears a martingale you must lead using headcollar & rope, not the reins.
- The only assistance allowed in affiliated classes is help getting back on your horse (a mounting block will be provided).
- Everything is optional but if you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling at any point on the course counts as an effectiveness fault at the next obstacle.
- Doing an obstacle from the wrong direction or in the wrong order will be an error of course so elimination (though we will let you finish your round) – look for the flags and numbers & if you get lost come back to walk/halt and look around for the next number.
- The start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor so you need to go straight to obstacle 1, and classes 1/2 will have 5 minutes. Affiliated classes have 4.5 minutes. Take your own line novice is 4 mins, TYOL open is 3 mins.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena. If you have started an obstacle when the time is up you will be allowed to finish it.
If you need to withdraw on the day please text/ring – Evie will email the number to all competitors on Thursday.