Competitor Information for Thornton House, (Allerthorpe Woods) Barmby Moor YO42 4DD Versatile TREC on 17 September 2017
The Dexter Family are a great support to TREC and we thank them for allowing us to use the facilities.
Thank you all for entering and trying out this different type of TREC. Also thank you for supporting us. We hope you all have a good time – relax and do your best.
Directions: You approach Thornton House Equestrian from the A1079 in either direction. Follow the signs once you turn off A1079 & NOT your Sat Nav (this will take you to the front of the owners property and there is no access). You can ride out in the local wood behind the Livery Yard but remember it is very wet at the present time.
The day is going to be very different from previous competitions due to the introduction of the Obedience Test. Please ensure you are ready by the time shown.
The Obedience Test will take place in the indoor arena and the MA (control of paces) and PTV (obstacles) outside around the grounds.
The PTV can be walked at any time but please respect riders on course stand still and get out of their way.
In hand class PTV will have 10 obstacles, novice and open more. A list of obstacles will be displayed on the day.
The MA will be: 25m for in hand (slow trot), 50m novice – walk & canter, 75m open – walk & canter.
No walking on grass verges – no walking of horses on grass verges at all.
Parking – please park according to the venue signs, and leave the hard standing as you find it i.e. clear up after your horse. It is weather dependent.
Helpers . If you have some time spare between classes, please offer to help. We have some experienced judges to help us but require more please – if you are able to volunteer or bring a helper please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Café/Hot Food – the owners have kindly agreed to open the food area for this event so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you walk up the stairs to the viewing area.
Queries – please direct all queries to Kathryn, not to our judges. If you have to withdraw please phone Paula on 07951019965.
- We are using number bibs so please ensure you DON’T go home with them. Remember to pick them up on a table provided upstairs in viewing gallery.
- Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas. Steps to the viewing gallery are marked.
- When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed on the outer doors.
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook version 2 is available to download for free here. Versatile TREC is explained in it. Version 3 is only available to TREC GB members, you can join for free as a supporter member to get access.
- If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
- Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena.
The latest member’s newsletter is available now, please click HERE to open it. If you do not also receive this newsletter via email, we probably don’t have an up to date email address for you. If so, please email email@example.com with your correct details.
Fundraising is also underway by the GB squad of riders for their trip to the 2018 European TREC Championships. WHTG member Jackie Bennett is selling TREC mugs, click HERE for order details
Another fabulous WHTG competition, organised by Jane O’Shea and her brilliant team at Eurobale Manor Farm, at Widmerpool on Notts/Leics border. Prize giving and results were given out on the day and final scores are available below this post. Individual scoresheets are being posted to riders who left an envelope, otherwise you will receive them by email. Level 1 riders qualifying at Widmerpool who want to enter the Level 1 Champs in Northants on 19-20 August have up to 8th August (tomorrow!) to enter. Link to schedule on TREC GB website HERE Gorgeous photos were taken by IndiePics, please respect Ruth the talented photographer and buy any images before putting them on your own Facebook pages, this is her livelihood not a hobby. Photo Gallery HERE
Please see the following links for competitor info and start times for Widmerpool TREC this weekend. If you have any urgent queries , please contact: Organiser: Jane O’Shea 07931 243904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Entries Secretary: Janet Jones 07786 281484
A heartfelt vote of thanks was given to the team behind the Risby TREC held near Beverley, East Yorkshire last weekend. Joy and Chris Bradley, Peter and Paula Bean, scorers Evie O’Keeffe and Helen Martin, all the volunteer judges and the landowners made this event at a new Yorkshire venue a great success. The weather could probably be described as very changeable, and the organising team did a great job delivering a challenging but enjoyable POR taking in the best of the surrounding countryside. This was followed on Sunday by interesting MA and PTV courses making imaginative use of the land on the farm and providing great viewing for both spectators and judges. The Saturday evening social was held in the nearby Folly Cafe at Risby Fishing Lakes, where we were treated to delicious food and friendly service. With rosettes kindly sponsored by Equisafety and final scores and prize giving held ahead of schedule, everyone left with a smile on their faces and eager to come back again. Photos from the event taken by Phil Davies are available on his website and final scores are HERE