Milton results summary
Thank you to our super judges and helpers Caroline, Ruth, Sue & Hazel for giving up their day to help at our Arena competition. Thanks also to everyone who answered a question, explained how it works or pointed someone in the right direction – I am immensely proud of how friendly our sport is.
Thanks also to the intermediate & open riders for clearing the course so efficiently while I got the last few scores out. I love organising competitions for such a fabulous bunch of horses and humans.
One of the highlights of the day was the new unaffiliated Bonus Accumulator class, which saw riders choosing between carrying a drink around the whole course or going bareback, then completing some extra challenges as well as the standard obstacles. These included hugging your horse in the immobility, reciting the alphabet backwards in the s-bend and halting to do ‘heads, shoulders, knees and toes’ between two corridors! It was great to see everyone entering into the fun spirit of the class. Sarah Thurnell and Wooda topped the PTV table and got every bonus point on offer to win the class – a great achievement when riding one-handed!
We have a full day of competition planned, and I hope you’re all looking forward to it! Please read all the information on this page carefully.
Directions on this link
Please park considerately and leave the lorry park as you find it – please bring a shovel or gloves & old feed sack/trug to take home your horse’s manure and dropped hay.
Start times – please be ready to go slightly ahead of your time in case there are any withdrawals on the day.
Rosettes and prizes – Evie will work hard to get results out quickly. Prizes, rosettes and scoresheets will be available for you to collect from the heated viewing gallery.
Helpers – we have got some wonderful judges staying all day in the cold to help, please smile and say thanks!
Food – there is a burger van on site so please bring cash, and you can sit in the cafe area or viewing gallery out of the weather.
Spectators – are very welcome, there is a new heated viewing gallery for you to enjoy!
- We are not using number bibs so please confirm your name on entry. The judges will have their pre-printed score sheets arranged in starting order so please don’t swap unless it’s unavoidable!
- No more than 5 horses in the warm up arena at once please. Pass left to left and if you are walking please come off the track. There will be 4 poles set out in the warm up area for you – see Evie’s homework page for how you can use them.
- Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
- Course maps and obstacle lists including accumulator instructions and scoring guidance for the double u alley will be displayed at the entrance to the arena but are also available here. Obstacles are ridden unless specified as led (other than for the in hand class) & arrows will be added for clarity on the displayed ones.
- The livery stable areas are for liveries only
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
- The TREC GB rulebook is available here
- Golden rules for the obstacles are: keep red flag on your right and white on your left, try to avoid refusals, don’t change pace, don’t stop in the middle, don’t touch any part of the obstacle. If it’s a compulsory walk obstacle then make sure you correct any jogging. Choose your pace before the flags and stick to it.
- Competitors in the unaffiliated classes starter, in hand and accumulator may ask for assistance from the judges if required.
- The only assistance allowed in affiliated classes is help getting back on your horse (a mounting block will be provided).
- Everything is optional but if you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
- Circling or crossing your tracks at any point on the course counts as an effectiveness fault at the next obstacle.
- For all classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor, and you will have five minutes.
- If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
- If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena. If you have started an obstacle when the time is up you will be allowed to finish it.
If you need to withdraw on the day please ring Evie on 07939 471564 or Ruth on 07929 322163.
Thank you to all of you who came on Sunday 3 December 2017 to Thornton. Results are available here
It was a very nice, relaxed competition despite us running a little late but everyone had
a good time and we had some lovely comments. So many of you said what a fantastic venue and everyone was so friendly.
As always thanks so much to our judges – we have already been in touch with them all – also thanks to Lesley Dexter & family for allowing us to use their facilities. Thanks to Chris who catered for us all – it was great and she looked after our judges really well!
Rosettes that were not collected have been posted out to you all and should be with you soon – Christmas post permitting.
Thanks to our photographer Phil Davies, photographs will be available soon on this link
Entries opened on Wednesday for Milton Arena TREC nr Worksop and we already have 41 class entries so please enter quickly if you would like a place. You can enter on Equo
or download & print the Schedule.
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a good TREC season during 2018.
Please click on links to see Start Times and please read the other Important Competitor Information and List of Obstacles Any urgent queries email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07951 019965. Extra helpers always welcome.
Click HERE for Scores
Thank you to everyone who made the day a success and all our wonderful helpers who set up beforehand, judged and stewarded on the day and cleared up afterwards. We can’t do it single handed and really appreciate everyone working together as a great team. Riders placed 1st to 3rd in the affiliated TREC GB classes will receive rosettes direct from TREC GB in the post.
Photos are available now click HERE and scroll down the page to see each class.
Important competitor information List of Obstacles Start Times Please read beforehand, and do ask if you have any questions on the day, we want everyone to enjoy themselves!
Start times available HERE Important competitor info and list of obstacles will be added to this page by Thursday night, please check back then to read. Any urgent queries please phone Sheila 07780 904857 or Email: email@example.com