8 April Intermediate POR Training, Wakefield
Fancy a go at level 2A or 3 this season? Want to get more confident when the route takes you into woodland or across moorland? Come along to this full day training session – the morning will be in the classroom to improve your knowledge, pick up some helpful hints and then put them into practice walking around a local nature reserve after lunch.
£20pp for members, £22 non-members – book on equo
Requires a minimum of 8 people to run
Bookings received: Joy B, Tina N
Loads of fun was had by all who attended our Arena TREC at Golden Valley, Derbyshire on 5 March. Huge thanks to the fantastic judges who made this event happen, the cheerful riders and everyone who helped set up the course, pack away at the end of a long day and all the little jobs in between.
THORNTON HOUSE, (Allerthorpe Woods) Barmby Moor YO42 4DD on 19 FEBRUARY 2017.
White Horse TREC kindly thank the Dexter Family for allowing us to use their facilities.
You can walk the course at 9am and 2pm (approx.) but remember there is a viewing gallery upstairs.
Directions: You approach Thornton House Equestrian from the A1079 in either direction. Follow the signs once you turn off A1079 & NOT your Sat Nav (this will take you to the front of the owners property and there is no access). You can ride out in the local wood behind the Livery Yard but remember it is very wet at the present time.
The day is going to be very busy as we have a large entry. Please ensure you are ready on time and ready to go in earlier if called. Thank you.
Kathryn & Peter will be over-seeing the actual competition in the Arena with Kathryn also undertaking a number of jobs and Paula will ensure you are where you should be!!
Parking – please park according to the venue signs, and leave the hard standing as you find it i.e. clear up after your horse.
Helpers – Kathryn will be collecting sheets and working out the scores – also doing the prizegiving, answering questions etc. If you have some time spare between classes, please offer to steward the warm-up arena or get some refreshments for the judges. See Paula if you are available.
We have some experienced judges to help us and appreciate them giving up their time.
Café/hot food – the owners have kindly agreed to open the food area for this event so please bring some cash with you to support it, it is in the building on the left as you walk up the stairs to the viewing area. Presentation of rosettes & scoresheets will take place in here approximately 15 minutes after the end of each class
Queries – please direct all queries to Kathryn, not to our judges. If you have to withdraw please phone Paula on 07951019965.
* We are using number bibs so please ensure you DON’T go home with them. Remember to pick them up on a table provided upstairs in viewing gallery.
* Competitors & spectators are not permitted in the livery stable areas. Steps to the viewing gallery are marked.
* When walking/riding between car park and arena please be aware of moving vehicles, both horseboxes arriving/leaving and liveries in their cars may cross your path.
* Please use green (novice/young) or red (kicker) tail ribbons as appropriate for your horse, and please give plenty of space to any horse wearing a ribbon.
* Start times, course maps and obstacle lists will be displayed at the entrance to the arena.
* We have the use of the outdoor arena to warm up – please ride sensibly.
* Emerald Green Feeds have kindly given samples of the feed they supply. An excellent natural product and you can find them very helpful and online. Please tell them where you heard about their product.
Things to bear in mind for the classes:
* The TREC GB rulebook is available to download for free here
* Competitors in the affiliated classes cannot be given any assistance by spectators or the judges on the course.
* If you want to miss an obstacle out you must ride up to it, halt and tell the judge that you won’t be attempting it.
* Circling at any point before an obstacle counts as an effectiveness fault.
* Red flags on your right & white flags on your left.
* For all affiliated classes, the start of the timed PTV (obstacles) section is the end of the paces corridor.
* If you are struggling to complete an obstacle, move on to the next otherwise you risk running out of time.
* If you run out of time before completing all the obstacles, the judges will shout ‘time’ and you should then leave the arena
Golden Valley on 5 March is nearly full with less than 15 spaces left. Entries are now closed for Thornton House, this event is fully booked with a waiting list in operation. If you have entered one of our events and have to withdraw please let us know ASAP so we can offer your place to someone else. If you are able to offer a few hours help with judging, scoring or course building for either event please contact the organiser direct: Thornton House: email@example.com or Golden Valley: firstname.lastname@example.org